The Delegate is elected each autumn through general, proportional and secret person elections. The Delegate term of office is one calendar year or until the new Delegate has constituted itself. The general election will be held no later than the second week of November.
Good to know for you who are voting
- All ASK members may vote
- The last day to pay the membership fee in order to vote is 6.10.2019 at. 23:59.
- The list of voters is approved on 7.10.2019 and after that you can check it at ASK’s office.
- If your name is missing you have 5 working days to ask for it to be changed by contacting ASK’s office.
- Electronic preliminary vote 30.10.-3.11.2019.
- The electronic preliminary vote is done through a link in your e-mail.
- Election days 5-6.11.2019 at 10.30-14.30.
- Voting location on the Election days is outside the library, Arcada, Jan-Magnus Janssonsplats 1, 00560 Helsingfors.
- Remember to bring your student card or ID to vote in person.
- You can only vote once, everyone who votes gets a overall patch!
Good to know for you who are setting yourself as candidate
- The time for nominations are opened on 2.9.2019 kl. 10.00.
- The time for nominations are closed on 4.10.2019 kl. 16.00.
- All candidates must be ASK members.
- The nomination form can be picked up from the Cor-house or downloaded from the website.
- The nomination form has to be signed personally by the candidate.
- If you nominating yourself as a candidate of an electoral alliance, you must also sign the alliance’s candidate list.
- A candidate can only belong to one electoral alliance.
- A candidate can remove oneself from an electoral alliance before the candidate list is established.
- The nomination form can be handed in to the chairperson of the election committee, wilhelm.nielsen(a)arcada.fi, the Secretary-General, andreas(a)asken.fi, and the Communications- and Memebership-Secretary, maria(a)asken.fi or you can leave it in ASK’s mailbox outside the office.
- If the nomination form submitted is incorrect or defective, you will receive an e-mail or personal note regarding this. After that, you have 5 working days to correct the form.
|Click here to download the Candidate nomination form (opens 2.9 at 10:00)
Good to know for you who want to form an electoral alliance
- A electoral alliance can include up to fifteen (15) candidates.
- A electoral alliance can be formed in the name of an association or through one or more candidates choose to form an alliance.
- If an electoral alliance is formed in the name of an registered association the association needs to provide a power of attorney from the association.
- All electoral alliances needs to provide a signed list over all candidates from those who are setting themselves as candidates for the alliance in the election.
- All electoral alliances needs to have an ombud and a deputy.
- The ombud and the deputy do not need to be candidates in the election.
- If the forms submitted are incorrect or defective, you will receive an e-mail or personal note regarding this. After that, you have 5 working days to correct the form.
- An ombud for the electoral alliance have the right to remove a candidate from the alliance if the person no longer is eligible for election or have set one self as candidate for multiple electoral alliances.
Good to know for you who want to form an electoral circle
- An electoral circle can include up to fifteen (15) candidates.
- Two or more electoral alliances can form an electoral circle with each other.
- Electoral circles are formed through the electoral alliances ombud together fill out the form regarding electoral circles.
- Powers of attorney from each alliance signed by all candidates within the alliance needs to be handed in with the form.